The Lych Way, also known as the Corpse Road, is the route the dead were taken for burial at Lydford. For Dartmoor residents, up until 1260 all burials had to take place at Lydford and for those on the eastern side of the moor, the 12 mile route started at Bellever and was named the Lych Way. After 1260, permission was given by Bishop Bronescombe to allow burials at Widecombe. The route runs several miles over high moorland then crossed the beautiful Tavy Valley before rising again over Willsworthy and then the final decent down to Lydford.
This cache has been placed by the footbridge at Standon Steps. Due to tree cover the co-ordinates may not be accurate.